Windows Media Player is a free software media player used for playing audio and video on personal computers running Microsoft Windows. Microsoft has also made available versions for other operating systems including Pocket PC, Mac OS, and Solaris. These tend to lag behind the Windows versions in features, software update frequency, and the number of file formats supported. The basic file formats are WMV (Windows Media Video & Audio), WMA (Windows Media Audio), and ASF (Advanced Streaming Format).
Windows Media Player replaced an earlier piece of software simply called Media Player, adding features beyond simple video or audio playback. These include the ability to copy music to a compact disc, synchronise content with an digital audio player (MP3 player), and let users buy music from one of several online music stores.
Windows Media Player Features
- Playback of audio, video and pictures, along with fast forward, reverse, seek and time compression and dilation.
- Supports local playback, streaming playback and progressive downloads.
- Supports subtitles and closed-captioning, if present in the media.
- Features synchronization support with many hand-held devices. Media can be optionally transcoded to a format better suited for the target device, automatically, when synchronizing.
- Features a taskbar-mounted Mini mode in which the most common media control buttons are presented as a toolbar on the Windows taskbar.
- Full media management, via the integrated media library, which offers cataloging and searching of media. Media can be arranged according to album, artist, genre, date et al.
- Burn CDs
- Includes intrinsic support for Windows Media codecs which support multichannel audio at up to 24-bit 192 kHz resolution.
- It comes in two versions (98/2000/Me version and the XP edition) Version for XP has the most attractive features but no longer available for download at the Microsoft website though you could use this link to still get it http://www.oldversion.com/download/wmp9xp.exe.
- For complete instructions on how to download and install a skin, see Help for your version of Windows Media Player for Windows and Pocket PC. With skins, you can easily customize the look of your player to match your mood. Skins are quick and easy to download.
Media Player For Windows 7 64 Bit
Windows Media Player 12 Free Download
8/10 (74 votes) - Download Windows Media Player 7 Free. Download Windows Media Player 7 and use the media player that you used to have on the Windows 98 operating system. Use it to listen to music or watch videos. More than 10 years have gone by since Windows 98 was launched, one of the most.