If you want to run Wavosaur audio editor on MAC OS X, it’s now possible : with Wineskin, one can do a wrapper that handle a Windows software into a Mac app.
And we have done it for you !
Open Wineskin.app at the top of the package contents folder. Choose 'Advanced' 4. Choose 'Set Screen Options' 5. Check ON 'Use Mac Driver instead of X11' and 'Use Direct3D Boost (if available)' and click Done 6. In this post I would like to guide you how to install Wine on OS X El Capitan. At the time of this writing, the latest version of OS X is OS X 10.11 El Capitan GM (Golden Master). UPDATE: If you also want to install Microsoft Visio on Mac, you can follow our post how to install Visio on Mac running OS X El Capitan. Posts: 18, Visits: 14 + x. Gratd - 10/8/2019 9:41:30 AM. Just installed Mac OS Catalina. The wineskin doesn't work anymore. Is there a workaround for this? Third party versions of Wine, such as Wineskin, Winebottler, and PlayOnMac, are not supported by WineHQ. If you are using one of those products, please retest in plain Wine before filing bugs, submitting AppDB test reports, or asking for help on the forum or in IRC. MacOS FAQ; macOS/Building.
Download Wavosaur 22.214.171.124 for MAC OS X
=> Wavosaur for MAC OS X <=
It has been tested and works for :
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
VST plugins are working : just be sure to use the Windows dll version (not the Mac version)
Download the ready-to-use Mac app or follow this guide for building a Wavosaur application for MAC :
How to build a Mac app from the Wavosaur windows executable with Wineskin
Wineskin is a free tool able to build a MAC port for Windows application : http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com.
The ports come as normal Mac application bundle.
Wineskin is based of course on Wine.
Here’s a step by step guide, you need an internet connexion and a MAC computer :
1) download Wineskin Winery
2) download Wavosaur 32 bit and extract Wavosaur.exe on your HD
3) download MFC42.dll
4) unzip and launch Wineskin Winery app
Wineskin Winery app
If there are no packages / wrappers, just use the “update” button and “+” button to add engine from the Web. You may need to restart the app to make the engine appears in the list.
5) click “Create New Blank Wrapper”
Enter the name for the Mac program : “Wavosaur” is a good choice !
6) if you get some windows asking you for installing .NET support or Gecko support, just click “cancel”, Wavosaur doesn’t need .NET framework in order to run. It just needs a dll file, we’ll add it on step 10)
7) After some time, you should get the window as seen below :
click “View wrapper in Finder”
then close the Wineskin Winery App
8) right click on Wavosaur.app and select “Show Package Contents”, you should see a folder, a shortcut and a Wineskin.app
Wavosaur on Maaac !
9) open drive_c /ProgramFiles and copy Wavosaur.exe into it
Wineskin For Mac Os Sur
10) open drive_c /Windows/System32 and copy MFC42.dll into it
11) launch Wineskin.app, and select “Advanded”
Wineskin Winery Mac
12) click on “browse” for the Window EXE and select Wavosaur.exe from the “drive_c/Program Files”. You can also set an icon if you want => Wavosaur Mac icon
Wineskin Mac Os 10 14 Download
At this time you can Test Run : it works ! If not, you can see an error log.
Wineskin Mac Os 10 14 Iso
13) close the Wineskin.app, now you can use Wavosaur.app by double clicking on it, like any Mac application.
Copy Wavosaur.app anywhere you want (/Applications sounds like a good place).