Wineskin is a tool used to make ports of Windows software to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (or later). The ports are in the form of normal Mac application bundle wrappers. It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose (that is the strategy used here).
How to Install S & S Windows Applications on a MAC Computer Using Wineskin
- Run Wineskin Winery- Think of the Winery as a spawning point where you create the Wineskin wrappers for your apps. With the Winery, you are in essence creating an application 'wrapper' that surrounds your Windows game and allows it to talk to the Mac system software as a whole.
- I'm currently attempting to install Sims 4 on my Mac (High Sierra) and got far enough in the tutorial I was following to discover that the game won't install because it's 64 bit (as is my computer) and Wineskin is 32 bit. I know Wine/Wineskin can run 64 bit, but for the life of me, I cannot figure this out.
- By tha way, i played on mac using wineskin, it is cool, but there is no ps3 joystick support.( #8. Dec 5, 2014 @ 8:00pm please put it on mac producers! I don't want to spend 400+30 dollars for mortal kombat :( #9. Cat Daddy Dec 6, 2014 @ 7:15am.
- Get Master Wrapper updates Create Wineskin wrappers Wineskin is a tool used to make wrappers to run Windows software on Mac OS X. The wrappers are in the form of a normal Mac Application, which can.
Wineskin provides free Windows emulation support to run S & S applications on a MAC.
What is Wineskin?
Wineskin is a tool used to make ports of Windows software to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (or later). The ports are in the form of normal Mac application bundle wrappers. It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose (that is the strategy used here). Best of all, it’s free and does not require installation of the Windows OS!
If you are satisfied with this installation process, please consider making a donation to Wineskin in support of the excellent work they do in creating the Wine wrapper engine. A brief video tutorial explaining how to use Wineskin to create a Windows wrapper is provided at the bottom of this webpage. Current Version is v2.6.2.
- Click on the Wineskin download link. The download will start automatically and show up in your downloads tool bar at the bottom of your browser screen as Wineskin Winery.app V…zip. When the download has completed, double click it to open it in a new finder window.
- Double click the download labeled “Wineskin Winery App”
- Once the app has created a new desktop icon, which will show up in the same finder
window as your download, double click on the Wineskin Winery icon.
- This will bring up a security window, asking if you would like to open the Wineskin Winery application which was downloaded from the Internet (even though it is from an unidentified developer), select Open.
- Once the app is installed, it will automatically open. Select the bottom option that says
Create New Blank Wrapper.
- Type in the name of the program you are installing (this set of instructions creates a wrapper for the SewArt application. You should replace SewArt with the name of the program you are installing, such as SewWhat-Pro, SewWrite, etc.). Select OK.
- Once the wrapper is created, go to the S & S product download page for the program you wish to install (for example, click Shop->SewArt to access the SewArt webpage). Click the Download (Mac) version button.
- This will once again create a download in your browser. When the download has finished, if
your settings automatically open the downloaded app, you will receive an alert saying your
computer cannot open the application. Select OK.
- Single click your Downloads folder (in your dock at the bottom of your screen).
- Select the Open in Finder option
- Right click (two finger tap on your mouse pad) the install app
- This will pop up a menu. Hover over the Open With option. Select the Other… option.
- In the window that pops up, type in the Search box the name of the wrapper you created in Step 6 (SewArt in this case).
- Click the box next to the “Always Open With” option
- Double click the wrapper you created in Step 6 (SewArt in this case)
- If your security preferences do not allow for unidentified developers, click OK on the
security alert that pops up. If no security alert pops up, continue to the next step.
- Right click on the install app, and select the Open With then the SewArt option (this will be
based on the name of the wrapper you created in Step 6).
- Select Open in the security alert that pops up.
- The SewArt installer will now open. Select Yes.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, and select Yes to agree and continue with the install.
- Select Close once the install has completed.
- Select OK when the alert box pops up saying the program has been installed.
- Right click on the new icon created on your desktop (.ink) and select Open with then
- Search again for the wrapper you created in Step 6
- Important: To skip this step in the future, select the box next to the option Always Open With.
- Select the wrapper you created in Step 6.
- The program (SewArt in this case) will now open, and you can use it just like you would on a Windows computer!
Use the MAC Download button on the product page to download the zipped S & S application Wineskin Wrapper to the Download folder on your MAC. For example, if you are installing SewWhat-Pro, the zipped wrapper file will be named Wineskin-SewWhat-Pro.app.zip. Unzip it and run it to install the product. You may be prompted that “SewWhat-Pro (or whatever application you are installing) is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” Select “Open” to continue with the installation. You may have to change your security settings to allow the file to run, as explained here. The Wineskin programs will have a wine colored icon next to the file name after they are installed (see figure below).
Wineskin Download Mac
Once the installation is successfully completed and you open the application, the S & S product application registration box will open. You may now choose to continue using the product as a Demo or enter your registration information if you purchased a license.
Thanks to Kourtney U. for providing this informative step-by-step set of instructions.
|Forum||Stats||Last Post Info|
IMG News Discussion
Comment and discuss IMG news articles.
IMG Reviews Discussion
Comment and discuss IMG Reviews
IMG Website Network Feedback
Comments and suggestions on the any of the IMG network websites - Website Technical Support
|Forum||Stats||Last Post Info|
General Mac games discussion - DO NOT discuss individual games here
Mac Action & Shooters
Discuss first-person third-person shooters and action games - Mac Games Only
Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs
Discuss adventure & role-playing games as well as MMORPGs & text based - Mac Games Only
Mac Puzzle, Board, Arcade & Cards
Discuss puzzlers, board, arcade, and card games - Mac Games Only
Mac Racing & Sports
Discuss racing & sports games - Mac Games Only
Discuss flight sims and other sim-type games - Mac Games Only
Discuss strategy games - Mac Games Only
Discuss any and all windows games running on your Mac here
|Forum||Stats||Last Post Info|
Discuss gaming on the iPhone/iTouch
All Mac hardware, systems, peripherals, etc. - Can be game related or not
Mac OS Related
Mac OS troubles or questions, 8, 9, Classic, X, Rosetta - Can be game related or not
Windows On Mac
Questions or issues with windows and bootcamp - Can be game related or not
Buy & Sell
Buy, sell, or trade your games and other stuff with other IMG readers
Any discussions not fitting anywhere else - Hobbies, movies, entertainment, odd news, etc
New Mac Game Releases
How To Update Wineskin On Mac
3 Birthday(s) Today
- 303039 Total Posts
- 14196 Total Members
- NoverTheQuasar Newest Member
- 3760 Most Online