- Seagate® Media Sync for Mac. Copy and synchronize your media files with your external drive. Seagate® Media Sync for Windows. Copy and synchronise your media files with your external drive. Current Dashboard users can effortlessly back up content as well as share and save media on social networks with legacy backup software.
- Seagate External Hard Drive Recovery free download - Seagate External Drive, Hard Drive Upgrader, Seagate Premium Recovery Suite, and many more programs.
Software Downloads. Note: Seagate external 'for Mac' drives will not display in (My) Computer or Windows/File Explorer until this software is installed. Connect the Seagate external “for Mac” drive to the Windows computer. The drive must be connected to the computer during installation or the install will not complete.
Oct 16, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Help! How do I recover data from my Seagate External Hard Drive!
As the biggest supplier of digital data storage in the world, Seagate devotes itself to make external hard drives that are high quality and high capacity for companies and ordinary people; many people choose this brand. However, the Seagate external hard drive owners also can't avoid a data loss disaster due to some reasons.
Can You Recover Files Deleted from External Hard Drive?
The files you think have been lost due to deletion or formatting are still somewhere on your Seagate external hard disk. Because the space that the files occupy is only marked as 'available to reuse' and the files become invisible. And thus, you're unable to access, edit, copy, and read the deleted data. When encountering this problem, what you should do first is to stop saving new data onto your disk, or the lost data will be overwritten. Then you can try restoring deleted files by yourself using professional Seagate recovery software, or getting hard disk data back using Seagate In-Lab Data Recovery Service.
How Much Does It Cost for Data Recovery?
Seagate In-Lab Data Recovery Service might be a nice option for some of those who lose important data from a Seagate hard drive. How much does Seagate charge for data recovery? The data recovery price can range from $499 to $2,000, and sometimes, it will be higher. The charge lies in different data loss circumstances. Besides, to recover data from Seagate external hard disk, you have to send the broken drive to the Seagate lab, pre-paying the shipping fees.
When it comes to a hard drive data recovery program, the average pricing plan for Windows users in the market is $50 and for Mac users, $100. Unlike the lab data recovery service, you can recover Seagate data on your own. Most of Seagate data recovery tools are intuitive and straightforward. A novice can perform the job and get the desired results with consummate ease.
Can data always be recovered? Unfortunately, no. No matter which way you choose, chances are that your data present on Seagate hard drive is gone forever, especially when you write new data on it. What we suggest is that you should do your best to retrieve the deleted or lost files if they are really important to you. Here are two Seagate external hard drive recovery solutions you can take yourself before spending a fortune and much effort in-lab data recovery.
- Solution 1. Recoverit - #1 Seagate Data Recovery Software
- Solution 2. Fix Seagate External Hard Drive Errors
Solution 1. How to Restore Files from Seagate External Hard Drive
A piece of professional and secure Seagate data recovery software can help you get lost data back more promptly and easily, for example, Recoverit Data Recovery Software. It is an effective and reliable external hard drive data recovery tool to help you to recover lost data from Seagate hard drive. No matter whether files are lost due to virus attack, formatting, corruption, deletion, or some other reasons, this Seagate drive recovery software can help each of you retrieve them all quickly and safely.
Recoverit Features You Should Know
- The Seagate drive recovery software can recover more than 96% of lost data.
- The disk data recovery tool supports the recovery of over 1000 types and formats of data.
- To recover files lost on Seagate drive, Recoverit needs deep scan the device on your computer.
- Recoverit Data Recovery enables the hidden files to be visible and accessible, even the RAW data.
Video Tutorial: External Hard Drive Recovery Process
How to Restore Files from Seagate External Hard Drive
With Recoverit Seagate Recovery Software, you can rescue your Seagate hard drive data within 3 steps and minutes. However, it is a Desktop tool on your computer. So before the Seagate hard drive recovery, you need to connect the disk to your computer and make it detectable. Now, let's have a look at how Recoverit works to recover your data.
Select Seagate external hard drive
To avoid lots of time being wasted, Recoverit will ask you to select a specific location where the data loss happens. To recover data from Seagate hard drive, you need to select the device and click 'Start' to go on.
Scan Seagate hard drive
Recoverit Seagate Recovery will immediately scan your hard drive deeply and thoroughly to dig out all the hidden data. Even though the data gets lost in a lost partition, the software can deal with them.
Preview and restore files from Seagate drive
When the scan completes, all the recoverable files are listed in the scanning results by file type or file path. You can preview them one by one, select those you want to recover and click on the 'Recover' button to restore lost data.
Tips for Seagate Drive Data Recovery
Why Does Seagate Download Software To Configure Drive For Mac Osx
- After the scanning ends, you can search the file name or path in the search box to find a specific file. This can save you a lot of time during the Seagate external hard drive data recovery.
- When saving recovered files, remember to save them on your computer hard drive or another external device, but not the Seagate hard drive where you lost your data. Otherwise, you may overwrite the lost files.
Solution 2. How to Fix and Recover Seagate External Hard Drive
Sometimes, you might find the data are locked in the Seagate drive due to the hard disk errors, like external hard drive not detecting, not recognized, not showing up, and anything else. To restore and access the files, you can fix Seagate hard drive. An incompatible or bad USB port likely causes some hard drive problems. So the primary solution would be trying another USB cable, port, and even computer. If it is not workable, don't worry. Here are 2 ways to help you.
Fix 1 Change the Drive Letter
When you find the Seagate hard drive not showing in your File Explorer or Disk Management, you can try changing the Seagate drive letter to make it show up on your computer.
- Right-click the Windows logo and click 'Disk Management' to open it.
- Locate and right-click your Seagate external hard drive. You should confirm the original drive letter of the Seagate device.
- Click 'Change Drive Letter and Paths...'. On the next two pop-up windows, choose 'Change...' and click the drop-down arrow.
- Select a letter you like to reassign a new letter to the Seagate drive. The new letter should be unique on your computer.
- Click 'OK' > 'Yes' and mark the Partition as Active.
Finally, to make the external drive show up, you need to restart the computer. Oftentimes, you'll find the Seagate drive recognized and the stored data accessible.
Why Does Seagate Download Software To Configure Drive For Mac Catalina
Fix 2 Reinstall USB Controllers
- Right-click the Windows logo and click 'Device Manager' to open it.
- Click the right arrow to expand 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'.
- Find and right-click 'USB Root Hub'. Click 'Properties' > 'Power Management'.
- 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is ticked by default. Uncheck it.
- If there are multiple tags named 'USB Root Hub', repeat the above steps and reboot the computer.
To Wrap Up
Why Does Seagate Download Software To Configure Drive For Macbook Pro
After the operations, your computer can usually read the Seagate external hard drive and show you the hidden data. If all the two Seagate hard drive fixes can't help you restore files, please resort to Recoverit Data Recovery. It should be a complete and ultimate solution for each of you, even a novice. Download it and recover data from external hard drive not detected in no time.
What's Wrong with Drive
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive