- Similarly, MPEG-4, which is a standard Blu-ray and DVD format, can be easily played on a VLC player. As the software supports full HD display and surround sound, it affects the overall view, because it is important to note that the MPEG-4 file format offers unique video quality in VLC Media Player.
- VLC is packed full of features and capability, but its instability presents some issues. In the face the expansion of QuickTime’s capabilities, users of newer versions of Mac OSX might find VLC to be a bit redundant. If you’re on an older version, however, VLC could be for you. Should you download it?
- Full list of the top Video Software apps that are similar to VLC Media Player, including Flip Player, Free Mac Bluray Player, Macgo Free Media Player, Aurora Bluray Player, Air Video Server HD.
Looking forward to get VLC Media Player for mac? Well, today your search will come to an end. We have prepared a comprehensive post for you that includes a detailed review of the VLC media player for Mac. Along with that, we have also included a step by step guide to install VLC on Mac and mentioned some fantastic features about VLC media player. So, do give this post a full read so that you know everything about VLC Media Player.
VLC Media Player – Brief Information
This allows users to use more than one VLC player at a time. Once you've done the above you should be able to play as many VLC instances and video or audio files as you like. On the Mac, running multiple instances of VLC is not supported out of the box. As a workaround, you can create a Droplet/App that does the following. Insert the DVD movie or video you want to watch into your Mac. The default program for a DVD on a Mac is called “DVD Player” and it will start automatically unless you go into its preference settings and disable the auto play on insert function. If DVD Player did start when you inserted the disc, quit that software. Open the VLC program.
By the name, you might have already gotten that VLC is a media player that is used to view videos that are locally downloaded to your PC. As MacBooks are removing the disc drives from their models, it comes in with a very handy to use software to help you view the videos and pictures.
The full form of VLC is Video LAN Client, and it is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files with ease. You may not worry about the video/ audio or picture whether it may open or not. You can download the VLC software on any device for free as it supports cross-platform. VLC player also supports 4k and 8k playback, so in the future, if you wish to upgrade the screen of your mac, then you already have that backed up by VLC.
How to Install VLC Media Player On MAC
This section will see the steps to download the VLC player for MAC; feel free to follow along.
- First of all, you need to visit the official site of the VLC Media Player.
- Scroll down till you can find “download VLC for MAC.”
- Click on the orange button, which says, “Download VLC,” make sure to download the latest version for the best experience; currently, the version is 188.8.131.52 as of 30/10/2020.
- Install the package, and then you are ready to go. You can also support the company by donating to them, but that is entirely up to you.
VLC Media Player Features:
It is one of the most used media players out there. It even goes viral through memes and is the best when it comes to UI and working. To check the application, open up any video on your device. At the bottom, you will see the player by which you can control the video playback; the top band contains many options, which we will go through in this section. VLC comes with a whole lot of features that make it the best of other video players. Here are some of the features of VLC Media Player.
The cool thing about the VLC media player is that the volume goes above 100%, which means if the output volume of the video is not quite loud, you will be able to increase the volume using the slider, and VLC will take care of it and boost the work for you. If that too isn’t enough, you can click on the adjustments and effect settings in the bottom corner; then, you will be able to adjust the equalizer, compressor, and stabilizer in the settings. You will see sliders, and you can change the settings by pushing the button up or down.
If you think that your video is too dark or the brightness does not support the video, you can go to the video effects option and go to the essentials options and adjust the hue effects brightness contrast, and saturation according to your suitable requirements.
It also acts as a video editor; say you want to cut out some parts from the video, go to view> Advanced controls> Play the section of the video that you want to include, click on the red circle-shaped button to start recording and when you part is over click on the same button to stop recording. It’s like a screen recorder but for MAC. After that, you just need to find the videos gallery, and you will be able to view the edited part from the main video. You will just cut out the video part from the existing video.
4. Authorized way
Another cool feature of VLC media player is that you will be able to steam any videos, copy the link of the video that you want to stream on VLC, then go to media, that select the option Open network stream, then you can paste the link directly to the blank space provided it will take some time to load, but it will play, make sure that you have fast internet.
Using the tool, you can also download the file by recording, and then the video file will be available on your system locally. For example, if you love videos on YouTube, you can copy the links and paste them. You will be streaming them directly from YouTube, no need to use malicious third-party software to download the videos.
If you have a video camera (web camera), you can also capture yourself giving reactions to the videos. To access the option, go to media, then select open capture device, then under the capture device under the device name, select the name of your device.
It can also be used as a video converter. Just go to media, then convert and save, you will see the open media pop up, then select the media file you want to convert, then click on convert and save after that you can choose from many options under the settings banner, you can also convert to mp4, OGG, and a ton of other video formats.
You can also add subtitles to any clip, go to the add subtitles option, download the SRT file for subtitles and then select the option when the pop up comes; after the subtitles are added, a message will be shown on the top right corner. You can also right-click on the video.
7. Multiple videos on the same application
You can also play multiple videos in different tabs by launching the application once again, then drag and drop the file you want to view on VLC. This saves a lot of time and effort because you do not need to find your video in the entire directory.
Vlc Player Mac Dvd Kopieren
If you want to take some awesome and cool screenshots from VLC, you can do that by clicking on the video option and then clicking take a screenshot.
There is a quick access option too from which you will be able to access by right-clicking on your mouse. It would be much easier for you to locate your desired options and use them instantaneously. Things like changing the aspect ratio of the video can be done by accessing the quick menu.
- · The software will give you options that no other video player will provide on-time video editing, Online video streaming, advanced tools to adjust your viewing experience.
- · It is one of the best available and highly demanded video software in the market.
- · It lets you download content straight to your device without you worrying about anything.
- · Has the cleanest user-interface and is relatively easy to use and accessible.
- · Has an excellent option for an audiophile.
- · Gets regular updates and security patches.
- · When the volume is cranked up to 200%, it hinders the quality of the sound.
After reading this article, we hope that you might have got an idea about what VLC is. It has many advantages over other traditional video players; moreover, it’s the most famous video player with support up till 8K quite futuristic, right? So, what are you waiting for? Follow the steps and download the application for Mac?
Vlc Player Mac Os
If you have any thoughts or questions regarding VLC on Mac, do let us know in the comment box below.
Vlc Player Mac Full Screen
You might also like: