- Vlc Media Player For Mac App Store Free
- Vlc Media Player For Mac
- Vlc Media Player For Mac App Store Windows 7
- You can cast content from a VLC player to your Chromecast-connected TV from a Mac or PC.
- As long as your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, casting from VLC to Chromecast is a seamless process.
- Once you're casting, you can use the VLC controls on your computer for the video's playback functions.
The VLC media player is one of the most user-friendly platforms available for video playback, making it a great option among free media players.
VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, OGG.) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network. There are many alternatives to VLC Media Player for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is MPV, which is both free and Open Source.If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to VLC Media Player and loads of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Mac users can try the following alternatives when the VLC media player isn’t working. QuickTime Player. QuickTime player, the best VLC alternative Mac, is the most familiar media players for Mac users. As the default movie player as Mac, QuickTime player is capable of supporting various formats of videos, music, images, and other media. No GPL Apps for Apple's App Store. VLC, the popular open-source, media player from VideoLAN has just been pulled from the Apple App Store. It won't be the last.
And as of its 3.0 version released in 2018, you can now cast VLC from your Mac or PC to a Chromecast-connected TV.
Here's how you can cast from your computer's VLC player to a Chromecast in three easy steps.
Vlc Media Player For Mac App Store Free
How to cast VLC to Chromecast (Mac or PC)
1. Open the VLC media player app, and click 'Playback' from the main options menu at the top. In the Playback dropdown menu, click 'Renderer.'
2. A pop-up should appear beside the 'Renderer' option â€' select your Chromecast device. If you don't see your Chromecast already listed, click 'Scan.'
Vlc Media Player For Mac
If your Chromecast device doesn't appear in VLC, make sure your devices are all on the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Open a file to play in VLC. If you are given an 'Insecure site' prompt, click 'View certificate' and 'Accept Permanently.'
How to cast VLC to Chromecast (PC only)
You can use the aforementioned method for Mac and PC, and PC users can also perform the steps to cast using a few right-clicks:
1. Start playing the media in VLC you want to cast to Chromecast.
2. Right-click on the video, then select 'Playback,' 'Renderer,' and the name of the Chromecast.
Make sure your media is playing in VLC when you right-click on PC, otherwise you'll see an unrelated dropdown menu appear.
Your video should play immediately. You can use the VLC buttons to control the video playback on your Chromecast-connected TV.
If you're not able to locate the Chromecast in VLC, be sure your computer and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network â€' only Chromecast-connected TVs on the same network will be listed.
If you're still having an issue, you may also need to disconnect from your computer's VPN, if you're using one.
Vlc Media Player For Mac App Store Windows 7
Related coverage from Tech Reference: