Creating cutouts with perfect edges has always been more time consuming a process than other image editing procedures --even in new Photoshop versions which have made these tasks considerably easier. And then spending loads of time on creatingimpressive cutouts is not something that everyone wants to do -- it's always nice to find a tool that will make thisprocess simpler. If you agree with that observation, you'll love Fluid Mask, a Photoshop plug-in from Vertus, which givesperfect results in minutes instead of hours.
- The three main upgrades to Fluid Mask 3.2 are that it's fully compatible with 64bit Photoshop, compatible with CS4 and CS5 as well as added support for new hardware types. What these hardware types are is difficult to find out and that's one main flaw with the web help side of Vertus.
- Here Fluid Mask 3 comes to the rescue! This plugin is loved by many people who have to cut out objects on a daily basis as it has been created to simplify the whole process. If you are keen on compositing, this plugin can literally save you hours of precious time for the price of just $99. UPDATE: this product is no longer available.
Fasturls.net has been informing visitors about topics such as Free Download Go File, Data File Recovery Software and AutoCAD 2010. Join thousands of satisfied visitors who discovered Software for a Small Business, Adobe Acrobat and 3DS Max 2011.This domain may be for sale!
Download Vertus Fluid Mask
Here's how you can create masks using this Photoshop plug-in. Open an image in Photoshop. Choose Filter Vertus Fluid Mask. Figure 1: Fluid Mask; First of all, Fluid Mask analyses the image - this can take a while depending upon the size and complexity of the image. Thereafter, you will see the Fluid mask interface (see Figure 2). Figure 2: The Fluid Mask interface; The interface is intuitive. Vertus Fluid Mask 184.108.40.206450 + Portable Win x64Meet the Vertus Fluid Mask, a program designed to separate objects from photos from the background. Vertus Fluid Mask defines the outlines of objects by color and texture, taking into account also the shadows. The program has special tools for the.
Fluid Mask works from within Photoshop -- it analyses the image and creates groups of areas to be masked.
About Fluid Mask
Fluid Mask is from Vertus, a New York, USA based company that is the graphics and imaging software division ofHeligon, a technology business specializing in image data interpretation. You can learn more about Vertus and downloadtrial versions of the productsat their site.
While you are there, make sure that you check out the impressive movie tutorials for Fluid Mask on the site.
My contact at Vertus for this review was Nicola Parsonage -- thank you, Nicola.
Download the installer file for Windows or Mac from the Vertus website. The setup routine automatically installs intothe plug-ins folder of Photoshop. For this tutorial, I am using the Windows version of Fluid Mask, but the Mac version doeswork in a similar way.
When launched for the first time, you will have a choice of running Fluid Mask as a demo (limited functionality), oractivating it fully using your serial key. If you choose to open it as a demo, you may later enter a purchased serial keyto activate it fully.
How To Use
Here's how you can create masks using this Photoshop plug-in.
- Open an image in Photoshop.
- Choose Filter | Vertus | Fluid Mask. (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Fluid Mask
- First of all, Fluid Mask analyses the image -- this can take a while depending upon the size and complexity of theimage. Thereafter, you will see the Fluid mask interface (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: The Fluid Mask interface
- The interface is intuitive. The main preview window has three tabs -- source, workspace and output.
Source: Source view shows the original image.
Workspace: is to create and modify mask by clicking the show edges check box right at the bottom of thepreview area. Since your image is already analyzed, you'll see the automatic edge detection in place represented by blueoutlines (as shown in Figure 2 above)
Output: Output view shows the final cutout.
- You will also find a tool palette, which has different brushes used to create or modify masks. A separate Tool Optionsfloating palette allows you to tweak parameters for any selected tool.
The masking is entirely based on the detection of the edges -- the parameters for the edge detection are set in a separateEdge Detection Options palette. Once you change any parameters, you need to apply the changes. This will prompt Fluid Maskto analyze your image again -- again, this might take a while.
- By using the red and green brushes from the tool palette, you can select the area you want to delete or keep. The redareas are for deleting and the green areas are for retaining (see Figure 3). Draw with the requiredbrushes on the areas as required. If you inadvertently paint in a red area with a green brush, or vice versa, you canretouch that area with the correct brush color again until you get the correct areas chosen, and isolated.Tip: You can also select all red areas, and leave the green areas unpainted.
Figure 3: Selected masking areas
- When the selections are made, click on the Cut-Out button which is at the bottom of the Tools palette as shown inFigure 4. The results can be seen in the output view.
Figure 4: Create the cut-out
If you are not happy with the results you can anytime switch to workspace view and make changes. Make sure that you click on the Cut-Out button after each change to preview the results.
- When you are done, go to File menu and choose Save and Apply. This masks the image and applies the cut-out withinPhotoshop. Later you can add any background to the image.Tip: If you also want your original image within Photoshop, duplicate the layer and apply the mask to this duplicated layer.
See the before and after samples:
|Photoshop Versions:||Photoshop 7.0 or higher versions|
30 May 2017
Every good photographer and editor knows that the quality of photo retouching services is only as good as the software used. In order to ensure that your final product is something worth the time and effort, you will have to invest in photo editing software packages as well as plug-ins designed to make your work easier. Clipping paths and photo background removal, in particular, are sensitive and you would need to invest in a great background remover. This is to ensure that you don’t end up with extra fragments from the original image or weird missing chunks from the clipped photo. Below are the top 5 best background removal plug-ins in the market and what you can expect working with each of them.
1. Mask Pro
As far as background removal plug-ins are concerned, Mask Pro is the equivalent of an untapped gold mine. This software plug-in allows removal of backgrounds and replacement with others for great Photo Retouching. The background removal is achieved through a process referred to as decontamination. This ensures that the path clipping and background removal are done in a clean and detailed manner.
The plug-in also features several tools designed to mask details whether large or small for great retouching results. Currently, this plugin was discontinued and an old user can use if it is installed on their computer or they can free upgrade to ON1 Photo 10.5 through their website.
2. EZ Green Screen 5
For crisp edges and a natural extraction, EZ Green Screen 5 is without a doubt the best background removal plug-in in the market. It uses Chroma Key software whose greatest advantage is the ability to clear color spills around the image edges. This eliminates any shadows and hues around the image that may make it look unnatural when planted onto a new background.
In addition to the background removal, the plug-in also allows you to adjust lighting and contrast on both the background and the foreground image. This comes in handy as it ensures proper definition of the image and blending with the background for a natural and professional look and feel.
3. Fluid Mask
The Fluid Mask Plug-in is a product of Vertus which is one of the leading companies as far as photo editing software and digital imagery are concerned. With all the experience and quality that the company offers, it should come as no surprise that their background removal plug-in is one of the best in the market. When you are working with an image with tricky lines and curves, then this is the best plug-in for your photo retouching. The software is super easy to operate and work with and with the isolation technology in play; you will have very little work to do.
These features make the plug-in a perfect pick for those working on several complicated projects who want the work done quickly without compromising on the results.
4. ImageSkill Background Remover
What sets this plug-in apart from the rest is the ability to differentiate different pixel modification requirements. This ensures that some are fully modified, others only partly modified and the rest are left as they are. This feature allows the user to work on delicate details such as wispy hair, smoke or even glass without affecting the other parts of the image.
ImageSkill Background Remover is compatible with a number of photo editing software packages. These include but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Macromedia Fireworks and Windows.
5. Topaz Remask
Finally, Topaz Remask winds up the list of the top 6 photo editing plug-ins for background removal. As far as background removal is concerned, this plug-in works more or less than the others on this list by eliminating unwanted features and details and highlighting the main image. What makes it unique is the fact that unlike most background removal plug-ins, you get to see the progress of your work as you go with templates for comparison readily accessible on the screen. These include the original image, a tri-map image and a mask image allowing you to identify where you need to make changes if any.
Read- Adobe Photoshop CC new features 2017 to make Photo Editing Easier
It goes without saying that the five plug-ins described above will take your photo retouching services to the next level. Each and every one of them has something to offer in addition to the background removal and this is what makes them so special. Therefore, whether you are a professional photo editor or you are simply passionate about photography as a hobby, there is no doubt that you can and will gain a lot from working with any of the plug-ins described above.