- Yeah, it's just another bombtrack and suckers be thinkin' that they can fade this But, I'm gonna drop it at a higher level 'Cause I'm inclined to stoop down, hand out some beat-downs.
- Bombtrack (Live In Mexico City, MX, 10/28/99) 7. Rage Against the Machine More by Rage Against the Machine. The Battle of Los Angeles 1999 Evil Empire 1996 Renegades 2000 Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium 2003.
- The Battle Of Mexico City (Live) Rage Against The Machine to stream in hi-fi, or to download in True CD Quality on Qobuz.com. Bombtrack Live, Mexico City, Mexico, October 28, 1999. Rage Against The Machine, Arranger, MainArtist, AssociatedPerformer - Zack De La Rocha, Composer, Lyricist - Brad J. Wilk, Composer, Lyricist - Tom Morello.
- People Of The Sun (Live) 77: No Shelter (Live) Live At The Grand Olympic Auditorium (2002) 78: Bulls On Parade: 79: Bullet In The Head: 80: Born Of A Broken Man: 81: Killing In The Name: 82: Calm Like A Bomb: 83: Testify: 84: Bombtrack: 85: War Within A Breath: 86: I'm Housin' 87: Sleep Now In The Fire: 88: People Of The Sun: 89: Guerrilla.
- Rage Bombtrack Lyrics
- Lyrics To Bombtrack
- Ratm Live And Rare
- Rage Against The Machine Bombtrack Live 1993
'Bombtrack' is a song by American rock band Rage Against the Machine. It is the opening track on their self-titled debut album.Like most of Rage Against the Machine's songs, the song's lyrics discuss social inequality, proclaiming that 'landlords and power whores' were going to 'burn'.
|Single by Rage Against the Machine|
|from the album Rage Against the Machine|
|Released||June 20, 1993|
|Rage Against the Machine singles chronology|
'Bombtrack' is a song by American rock band Rage Against the Machine. It is the opening track on their self-titled debut album. Like most of Rage Against the Machine's songs, the song's lyrics discuss social inequality, proclaiming that 'landlords and power whores' were going to 'burn'. The riffs were composed by Rage Against the Machine bassist Tim Commerford. The song is one of three on the album in the key of F♯ along with 'Know Your Enemy' and 'Fistful of Steel'.
A music video was released, depicting support for the Peruvian Maoist revolutionary organization, Sendero Luminoso and its leader Abimael Guzman. The video clip did not appear on the group's first home video, citing Rage's first altered political opinion. In 2003, the video finally appeared as bonus material on their Live at the Grand Olympic AuditoriumDVD.
The single artwork features CubanphotographerAlberto Korda's famous image of Che Guevara, Guerrillero Heroico. A mirrored version of the iconic two-tone portrait by Irish artist Jim Fitzpatrick (T-shirt version).Perhaps the song's most notable appearance outside of the music industry would be its appearance in Oliver Stone's controversial film Natural Born Killers, when Mickey breaks out of his prison cell in search of Mallory.
The song made its live debut on March 8, 1992, in San Luis Obispo, California.
The acoustic version of the song was only played live once. This was at the KROQ Acoustic Christmas on December 12, 1993.
The lyrics, 'Hardline, hardline after hardline!' are, on occasion, changed to 'Hardline after muthafuckin' hardline!' as well as the line during the chorus, 'Burn! Burn, yes ya gonna burn!' are occasionally changed to, 'Burn! Motherfucker, burn!'
When first recorded in the studio, and during live performances, bassist Tim Commerford sings the chorus with de la Rocha.
- 'Bombtrack [Evening Session version]'
- 'Bombtrack [live version]'
- The 'Evening Session' version was recorded on BBC Radio 1 during Mark Goodier's Evening Session.
- 'Bombtrack' – 4:03
- 'Bombtrack' (live) – 6:00
Special Pinkpop edition
On June 24, 1994, a special edition of the 'Bombtrack' CD single was released for the PinkpopMusic Festival's 25th birthday. This version contains an alternative track listing.
Rage Bombtrack Lyrics
- 'Freedom' (live)
- 'Settle for Nothing' (live)
- 'Bombtrack' [Evening Session version]
- 'Bullet in the Head' [remix]
- 'Take the Power Back' (live)
- 'Darkness of Greed'
- 'Bullet in the Head' (live)
- 'Bombtrack' (live)
Tracks three and eight recorded live at Melkweg in Amsterdam, February 7, 1993. Track six recorded live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, April 11, 1993. Track nine recorded live in Minneapolis, United States, April 5, 1993. Track five remix by Sir Jinx.
The Evening Session version of 'Bombtrack' is a completely reworked, slower 'swing' version of the song with altered lyrics, which later appeared on Evil Empire's 'Without a Face'.
Lyrics To Bombtrack
In popular culture
The song was made available for download on May 8, 2012 to play in Rock Band 3 Basic and PRO mode utilizing real guitar / bass guitar, and MIDI compatible electronic drum kits.
In 2017, Stone Sour covered the song as part of Metal Hammer's Metal Hammer Goes '90s compilation album, and appears on the deluxe edition of their 2017 album Hydrograd.
- ^'Lista de Personas y Grupos Terroristas'. February 13, 2006. Archived from the original on February 13, 2006. Retrieved April 22, 2020.
- ^Neilstein, Vince. 'Listen to Stone Sour Cover Rage Against the Machine's 'Bombtrack''. MetalSucks. Retrieved July 30, 2017.
- ^Shinn, Travis. 'Hear Stone Sour's Fiery Cover Of Rage Against The Machine's 'Bombtrack''. Revolver. Retrieved July 30, 2017.
Ratm Live And Rare
- Bombtrack at AllMusic
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics