Sep 25, 2016 Power BI On-Premise – yes, On-Premise, with a pricey Pyramid Analytics server from the company that collaborated with Microsoft to birth Power BI. As for Power BI Desktop, we can run on Mac OS X in two ways: Create a virtual machine in Azure, install Power BI desktop there and access your Power BI cloud workstation via Mac OS X Remote. There's no native Mac version of Power BI Desktop, and we are not considering it to Mac anytime soon. W e do plan to bring more and more authoring capabilities from Power BI Desktop into the web experience. For your reference: Power BI for Mac.
Transform, analyze & visualize data with Microsoft Power BI Desktop: hands-on demos, project files & 1-on-1 support
What you’ll learn
- Build professional-quality business intelligence reports from the ground up
Blend and transform raw data into beautiful interactive dashboards
Design and implement the same B.I. tools used by professional analysts and data scientists
- Showcase your skills with two full-scale course projects (with step-by-step solutions)
- Understand the business intelligence workflow from end-to-end
- Learn from a best-selling instructor and professional BI developer
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop (free download)
- This course is designed for PC/Windows users (currently not available for Mac)
- Experience with Excel Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX is a plus, but not required
*** This course includes LIFETIME access, plus downloadable project files, quizzes & homework exercises, 1-on-1 instructor support, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee ***
Hear why this is one of the TOP-RATED Power BI courses on Udemy:
“Instructor is top notch – moves at the right pace and keeps it interesting. One of the best on Udemy!”
“I absolutely loved this course. This course, as well as Chris’ other courses, move at a perfect pace. I did not find myself getting lost or having to catch up. The detail was enough for me to understand the concepts behind what we were doing in the example work. I have taken a lot of online and in-person courses around Excel, and Chris’ style is engaging and makes the subject matter less dry. I look forward to the next course on Power BI online.”
“Chris is a skilled communicator and does a great job of explaining a complex tool like Microsoft BI. His “pro-tips” are great for new user productivity and gaining a sense of the “big picture”. I also value his “best practices” on building and managing queries and reports. I’m feeling much more confident digging in and using MS Power BI!”
If you’re looking for a comprehensive, hands-on guide to learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop, you’ve come to the right place.
Power BI is quickly becoming the world’s most powerful self-service business intelligence platform, and an absolutely essential tool for data professionals and beginners alike. With Power BI you can connect to hundreds of data sources, build complex relational models using simple and intuitive tools, and design stunning, interactive dashboards from scratch — all for free.
THE COURSE PROJECT:
In this course, you’ll be playing the role of Lead Business Intelligence Analyst for Adventure Works Cycles, a global manufacturing company. Your mission? To design and deliver aprofessional-quality, end-to-end business intelligence solution, armed only with a handful of raw csv files.
But don’t worry, I’ll be guiding you through the ins-and-outs of Power BI Desktop, sharing crystal clear explanations and helpful pro tips each step of the way. We’ll follow a steady, systematic progression through the B.I. workflow, and break down our project into FOUR KEY OBJECTIVES:
OBJECTIVE #1: Connect & Transform the Raw Data
- Intro to the Query Editor
- Types of Data Connectors
- Basic Table Transformations
- Text, Number & Date Tools
- Index & Conditional Columns
- Grouping & Aggregating Data
- Pivoting & Unpivoting
- Modifying, Merging & Appending Queries
- Connecting to Folders
- Defining Hierarchies & Categories
- Query Editing Best Practices
OBJECTIVE #2:Build a Relational Data Model
- Intro to Database Normalization
- Data (“Fact”) Tables vs. Lookup (“Dimension”) Tables
- Creating Table Relationships
- “Star” vs. “Snowflake” Schemas
- Active vs. Inactive Relationships
- Relationship Cardinality
- Connecting Multiple Data Tables
- Filtering & Cross-Filtering
- Hiding Fields from Report View
- Data Modeling best Practices
OBJECTIVE #3:Add Calculated Fields with DAX
- Intro to Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Calculated Columns vs. Measures
- Row Context vs. Filter Context
- DAX Syntax & Operators
- Common Function Categories
- Basic Date & Time Formulas
- Logical & Conditional Statements
- Text, Math & Stats Functions
- Joining Data with RELATED
- CALCULATE, ALL & FILTER Functions
- DAX Iterators (SUMX, AVERAGEX)
- Time Intelligence Formulas
- DAX Best Practices
OBJECTIVE #4: Design Interactive Reports
- Intro to the Power BI Report View
- Adding Objects & Basic Charts
- Formatting & Filtering Options
- Matrix Visuals
- Slicers & Timelines
- Cards & KPIs
- Map Visuals (Basic, Fill, ArcGIS)
- Treemaps, Lines, Areas & Gauges
- Editing Report interactions
- Adding Drillthrough Filters
- Linking to Report Bookmarks
- Using “What-If” Parameters
- Managing & Viewing Roles
- PREVIEW: Publishing to Power BI Service
- Data Viz Best Practices
By the end of the Adventure Works project, not only will you have developed an entire business intelligence tool from the ground up, but you will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these same concepts to your own real-world analyses.
For those looking for more opportunities to test their skills, I’ve also included an additional set of project files for a bonus Final Project. This is your chance to showcase all of the skills you’ve developed throughout the course, and apply them to a brand new data set from Maven Market, a global supermarket chain.
Whether you’re a casual user, aspiring analyst, or data science professional, this course will give you the tools you need to become an absolute Power BI ROCK STAR — guaranteed.
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
- 100+ page Power BI ebook
- Downloadable project files
- Homework exercises & quizzes
- 1-on-1 expert support
- Course Q&A forum
- 30-day money-back guarantee
See you in there!
-Chris (Founder, Maven Analytics)
- Anyone looking for a hands-on, project-based introduction to Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- Data analysts and Excel users hoping to develop advanced data modeling, dashboard design, and business intelligence skills
- Aspiring data professionals looking to master the #1 business intelligence tool on the market
- Students who want a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to training
Created by Chris Dutton
Last updated 2/2019
Size: 5.04 GB
Whether you’re on the go or need to create rich, interactive reports, download the tools you need to build reports and stay connected to your data from anywhere, anytime. Get a 360° view of your business data on the go—at the touch of your fingers—and quickly connect, shape, visualize, and share data insights through Power BI.
Microsoft Power BI Desktop
With the Power BI Desktop you can visually explore your data through a free-form drag-and-drop canvas, a broad range of modern data visualizations, and an easy-to-use report authoring experience.
Microsoft Power BI Mobile
Access your data anywhere, anytime. These native apps provide live, interactive, mobile access to your important business information.
Microsoft on-premises data gateway
Power Bi On Mac Os
Keep your dashboards and reports up to date by connecting to your on-premises data sources—without the need to move the data.
On-premises reporting with Power BI Report Server
Deploy and distribute interactive Power BI reports—and traditional paginated reports—within the boundaries of your organization’s firewall.
Microsoft Power BI Report Builder
Create pixel-perfect paginated reports for printing or electronic distribution with a familiar experience relied on by thousands of report authors.
Okay, let's get your download started!
Power Bi For Macbook
Let us know where we can send you tips and tricks for getting started fast with Power BI.