After releasing their Office 365 subscription service and Office 2013 earlier today, Microsoft has released a critical update for Office for Mac 2011. The Office for Mac Service Pack 3 (14.3) update contains a number of bug fixes, and adds support for Microsoft’s new Office 365 subscription program.
Microsoft Office 2011 Update Download
From the release notes:
- In the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) volume window, double-click the Office 2011 SP1 Update (14.1.0) application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen. If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk.
- Before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.5.6 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. In addition to the application improvements mentioned in this article, Office for Mac 2011 is now available as a subscription offering. For more information about subscription, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
This update provides the latest fixes to Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Meeting invitation times are displayed inaccurately in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue that causes meeting invitation times from non-Exchange calendar servers to be off by one hour during certain times of the year.
- Slides in collapsed sections cover other slides in Slide Sorter view in PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes a display issue that involves collapsed sections in Slide Sorter view.
- Hash tags (#) in hyperlinks aren’t saved correctly in PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which hyperlinks that contain hash tags (#) aren’t saved correctly.
- Crash occurs when you use Paste Special with a partial table in PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint to crash when you use the Paste Special option to copy and paste part of a table.
- RTF text that’s saved in PowerPoint for Windows can’t be pasted into PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which RTF text that’s saved in PowerPoint for Windows can’t be copied and pasted into PowerPoint for Mac.
Office 2011 For Mac
Before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.3.8 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Note: some users experienced a problem saying they were on 10.5.8 when they really were running 10.8.5. Download Office for Mac to your local network. The easiest way to download Office for Mac, and ensure you're always getting the most current version and build, is to download directly from the Office Content Delivery Network (CDN) on the internet. Here are the links to the installer packages for the Office suite, which contains all the. Download Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac - Companion application for the Microsoft Office suite that offers you the possibility to check if there are any updates for the Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and other utilities included in the collection.
Office 2011 Mac 14.7.7 Update Download
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Service Pack 3 is available now through Microsoft AutoUpdate, as well as direct download from Microsoft’s website.