The IomegaiConnect Wireless Data Station has no onboard storage capacity of its own, instead it allows users to integrate all their desktop and portable USB storage devices into their network. In our opinion it’s also one of the sleekest and most compact NAS servers ever made, and its features list doesn’t disappoint either.
- Alternative To Iomega Iconnect
- Iomega Iconnect Storage Manager Software
- Iomega Home Storage Manager Software
- Iomega Iconnect Storage Manager Software Download
Setting up the iConnect proved to be a very simple task. You simply connect the device to your router in either a wired or wireless configuration, working on 802.11 b/g/n wireless protocols.
Alternative To Iomega Iconnect
After the iConnect has been connected to a router simply install the Iomega Storage Manager software on your PC (included on CD), and plug your external USB devices into any of the four USB ports on the iConnect device. Your USB drives will now be automatically connected to and accessible from any computer on your network.
The Iomega Storage Manager software works via an easy to use web-based interface from which you can customise individual settings on your iConnect device. If you don’t feel like using the software though you can simply access the iConnect through Windows Explorer in the same way you would access another computer on the network, but then you would have to keep it connected to your router.
Iomega Home Storage Manager is a Shareware software in the category Home & Hobby developed by Iomega Corporation an EMC Company. The latest version of Iomega Home Storage Manager is, released on. It was initially added to our database on. Iomega Home Storage Manager runs on the following operating systems: Windows.
The iConnect supports both the supports the NTFS and FAT32 file systems, and is compatible with PC, Mac and Linux computers, even supporting Apple’s Time Machine software which allows Mac users to easily backup their data.
Iomega Iconnect Storage Manager Software
Aside from the ability to easily share files, backup data and access your data remotely, even over the internet, the iConnect has a surprising number of features for such a straightforward device. For example, the iConnect has a “QuikTransfer” button which allows users to easily backup data by copying it from one device to another.
Iomega Home Storage Manager Software
- I tried using my Seagate Backup Plus which I found to be strictly USB 3.0 (not supported by the iConnect). I bought the drive list above and had the same problem - the drive is not recognized by the EMC Storage Manager - even though it says backwards compatible with USB 2.0 (like the original drive I had no problem with).
- The Iomega Storage Manager app automatically locates the iConnect (and leaves a shortcut – which opens a browser admin page – in the PC system tray or Mac menu bar) at which point you use the.
- The Storage Manager should now indicate that it has found the iConnect. In my case, each time the iConnect has an IP address of 169.254.1.211, but that may vary. Now point your browser at the discovered IP address and you should have access to the iConnect. Set the device’s IP to one on your own network and repower it.
Another useful addition is the iConnect’s security feature list. Once enabled, an administrator can assign access privileges for different users on the network. This feature can only be enabled on the device level however, in other words you can set access to each external storage device but not to individual folders within the devices.
Iomega Iconnect Storage Manager Software Download
A UPnP DLNA certified AV media server also provides users with the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices. It is compatible with the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, iTunes, digital picture frames and other Iomega products.
Another useful add on is the iConnect’s self download feature. With this feature the iConnect can manage your torrent downloads (supports BitTorrent) without the need for a dedicated PC.
All in all we found the Iomega iConnect to be reliable and easy to use. It executes its function perfectly and for such an affordable device we found it very impressive. If you’d like to keep connected to your external data devices or if you have an extensive network at home the iConnect will definitely come in use.
The Iomega iConnect has a recommended retail price of R1099 and is available from Iomega's online store.
- Marvell 6281 CPU at 1.0 GHz with 256 MB RAM
- 1 x RJ45 10/100/1000 Mbps (GbE) Ethernet port
- LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n)
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports (to connect external HDD, printers)
- AC Voltage 100-240 VAC
- Power consumption – 5 Watts
- 131 mm x 27 mm x 161 mm
- 0.27 kg
* All dimensions L x W x H and are approximations.
Real easy setup, compact, self download feature.
Can take a bit of time to get the wireless side working.