- File type:
Re: (SOLVED) What design program to open.sch and.pcb files? « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:39:55 am » PADS, Eagle, Protel, etc. Try opening the file in a text editor, see if there's a text header to identify it? A printed circuit board description. How to open a PCBDOC file You need a suitable software like PCB to open a PCBDOC file. Without proper software you will receive a Windows message 'How do you want to open this file?' (Windows 10) or 'Windows cannot open this file' (Windows 7) or a similar Mac/iPhone/Android alert. If you cannot open your. PCB files hold custom settings so I doubt you will find the lost presentation there. You MIGHT want to look for a PPT.TMP file where. is a number. The.dsn file was successfully imported but the.pcb file will not import with any of the tools provided in Altium. The header in the.DSN file has 'Orcad 10.3' in it, but the.pcb has no header info. A.pcb file could be a LOT of things and since the schematic header says 10.3 I assume the layout is the same?
How to open PCB file?
After double-clicking on the unknown file icon, the system should open it in the default software that supports it. If this does not happen, download and install the DesignWorks software and then manually associate the file with it.
Step 1. Download and install DesignWorks
If there is no DesignWorks or similar software in the system that supports files with the PCB extension, you must first download and install it. Below you will find a list of the most-used applications that work with PCB. After going to the subpage of the program you will find a link to the developer's website, where you can safely download the software installer.
Programs that open files PCB
How Open Pub File
Step 2. Associate DesignWorks with the PCB file extension
If the user already has one of the applications installed, the next step will be to associate it with the file extension PCB. This can be done in two ways - one is to manually edit the Windows Registry and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys. The second way is simpler and definitely recommended for less advanced users.
- Right click on the unknown PCB file you want to open
- Select 'Open with' from the menu
- Click 'Choose another application'
- Click 'More applications'
- Click 'Find more applications on this PC' and indicate the installation location of the appropriate program
- Finally, select the 'Always use the selected program to open PCB files' option and confirm the whole operation.
Remember! Manually editing the system registry is only recommended for advanced users, and changes made to it without proper knowledge may result in damage to the system.
Step 3. Check out other possible problems related to PCB files.
Sometimes it happens that despite having the right application and the correct configuration, there are still problems with opening the PCB files. You should then find out what is the reason of the problem.
- Check if the PCB file is not infected - When the file PCB is infected with a virus or malware, it probably will not be able to be opened correctly. In this case, scan the PCB file and take the actions recommended by the antivirus program installed on the system. Most often it is disinfection or deletion of an infected file.
- Check if you, as the operating system user, have appropriate permissions to work with the file PCB
- Check if the icon is an element of the correct file but not only a shortcut to the location where the PCB file no longer exists.
- Check that the system has the necessary resources to run the DesignWorks application and open the PCB file.
- Check if the file is complete - Sometimes it happens that the PCB file was not copied completely from the external Flash memory, or downloaded from the Internet. When the file is incomplete, it is not possible to open it correctly. In this case, please download or copy the file PCB again.
Step 4. Contact an IT expert
When all of the above methods have failed, it remains to contact an IT specialist or developers of the DESIGNWORKS program.
File extensions similar to PCB
Many people share .pcb files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .pcb file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .pcb files.
2 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.pcb - Microsoft PowerPoint Data
The PCB other files are related to Microsoft PowerPoint. PCB file is a Microsoft PowerPoint Data. PowerPoint stores all the changes that you make to its menus and toolbars in a PCB file.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Other files
- - / -
- Microsoft PowerPoint Data related extensions:
- Microsoft Access Add-in
- Microsoft Office 2007 Groove Synchronization Shortcut
- Microsoft Office Assistant Actor
- Microsoft Office Assistant Preview
- Terragen License Key
- Terragen Plugin
.pcb - SmartCAM Custom Control Panel File
The PCB data files are related to SmartCAM. PCB file is a SmartCAM Custom Control Panel File. SmartCAM is a suite of Computer-Aided Manufacturing and CAD/CAM software applications that uses toolpath modeling to assist CNC machinists in creating computer-numerically controlled (CNC) programs that direct CNC machine tools.
- Data files
- - / -
- SmartCAM Custom Control Panel File related extensions:
- SmartCAM Code Generation Template
- SmartCAM Job Operations File
- SmartCAM Macro File
- SmartCAM Process Model File
- SmartCAM Connection Settings File
- SmartCAM Manufacture File
Naturally, other applications may also use the .pcb file extension. Even harmful programs can create .pcb files. Be especially cautious with .pcb files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .pcb file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
How To Open Protel Pcb File
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .pcb file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cb, cpb, lcb, ocb, pb, pbc, pc, pcf, pcg, pch, pcn, pcv, pdb, pfb, psb
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- Visual Studio Precompiled Header
- Navicat Backup File
- Calyx Point Point Data
- Origin Code Builder Object
- TealPaint Image Database
- PowerDivX Subtitle
DataTypes.net currently supports the following operating systems:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8, Windows 10, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .pcb file format, then write to us!
Please help us by rating this page below.