- Generic Non Pnp Monitor Fix Windows 10
- Generic Non Pnp Monitor Driver
- Generic Non Pnp Monitor Driver Error Windows 10 Start Menu
Windows 10 driver installation
ViewSonic plug and play monitors do not require a proprietary Windows 10 driver to be installed.
Instead, the Windows 10 operating system will automatically read the EDID information stored in the monitor and install Generic PNP Monitor drivers to enable its full resolution capabilities.
Graphics Card drivers can also be an issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers for video card. Check below for more details.
To confirm that Windows 10 drivers have been installed correctly check the device manager, display resolution and touch function (if equipped).
Windows 10 will recognize and list a 'Generic PNP Monitor' in the Device Manager. (Figure 1)
To check the device manager follow these steps:
- I reinstalled Windows, reinstalled drivers from the Ndivia website, no avail. This issue showed up after Windows update. The most possible reason for generic PNP monitor issues to appear in Windows 10 is the outdated driver or the insufficient capacity in hardware while upgrading the OS. Read more Easy Fixes Generic PNP Monitor.
- Here you will learn how to fix Generic PnP driver issue easily. Apply to Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP & Vista. HP and Compaq Monitors - Updating a Monitor Driver. Use the following steps to add or update the monitor driver files for Windows. (Generic PnP Monitor.
- Click on the Start Menu button in lower left corner and then right click on File Explorer and choose Manage.
- Select Device Manager from the left hand margin. Scroll down until you see Monitors, then click on the arrow to expand. You should see Generic PNP Monitor as one of the items listed.
Windows 10 will only show reference to 'Generic PnP Monitor' under the monitor tab and under device manager.
If Windows pops up and installs the correct driver for you, then you are all set. If not, go back to Device Manager again. Press F5 and right click on your Generic Non-PnP Monitor driver, choose Update Driver Software » Browse my computer for driver software » Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Uncheck Show compatible hardware. Windows device manager shows 1st display as PnP monitor and 2nd display as non-Pnp monitor. The ' fun ' part: After fiddling with settings for a few days again, deleting and installing drivers and changing resolutions via CRU, i have now reached a stage in which the display hast the correct solution after startup juuuuust until radeon. But unfortunately, when the monitor driver is missing or it is install failed on Windows 10, your monitor will shows as Generic PnP Monitor, and in device manager you will see the generic pnp/non-pnp monitor with a yellow exclamation.
Generic Non Pnp Monitor Fix Windows 10
Video Card Drivers
Check the Device Manager for a problem with the video card drivers. Video card drivers must also be updated to be compatible with Windows 10 to get the full functionality from the display. If there is a yellow exclamation mark under the display adapter section or if there are generic display drivers loaded, the monitor may not display the correct resolution or the monitor will not be seen as a secondary display. A message like the one below may also appear during or after updating to Windows 10. The image below displays a NVIDIA video card, but the problem can occur with any video card that does not have updated Windows 10 drivers. In this case, drivers for the systems video card must be updated. Drivers can be located from the computer’s manufacturer or the video adapter manufacturer’s website.
Does the computer allow the monitors native/prime resolution in display properties?
To check the Display Properties follow these steps: (Figure 2 and 3)
- Single right-click on an empty spot of the desktop and select Properties.
- Select Display Settings then, Advanced display settings.
- Check the resolution settings and make sure that the maximum resolution for the display is listed and marked as (recommended).
Click/Touch Desktop --> Display Settings
Generic Non Pnp Monitor Driver
Generic Non Pnp Monitor Driver Error Windows 10 Start Menu
Finally, if you have a touch enabled display, does the touch feature work?
If the system has these settings then the computer has correctly read the monitor EDID and no further configuration is required.
If the resolution is not correct or if there is an exclamation mark in the Device Manager, under Monitors, please contact ViewSonic Technical Support for assistance @ TechnicalSupport