Updated: January 12, 2020 Home » Freeware and Software Reviews » System Optimization and Registry Cleaner
Macs running operating systems older than OS X 10.2 are not compatible with the latest modern defragmentation software, so finding a relevant tool is challenging. Once you’ve installed the program of your choice, open the utility and follow the instructions of a disk defragmenter for Mac. Update software on a regular basis. Clean your Mac from garbage files (temporary, duplicates, caches, etc.). Limit the number of apps that launch on startup without your permission. Reboot your Mac every time you want to free up memory and setup system updates. Remember that the latest OS X versions allow performing better as well as fixing bugs.
How to defrag windows 10? With today’s high performance SSD and the build in automatic defrag feature in Microsoft Windows 10, it is not necessary to perform a manual defrag task. There are only 2 good reasons to use these tools, they are because you are running an older Windows with Hard Disk and you are a performance freak where a 1% speed gain is essential.
Alternative 2020 Article ➤ 7 Free Windows PC Junk Files Cleaner With Disk Space Analyzer And Cleanup
The files saved on your hard disk will become fragmented for various reasons. Because of this, your hard disk is extra busy gathering data from different fragments located at various locations on the hard disk in order to access your files. This process degrades your hard disk performance and overall system speed which gets gradually worse over time. In addition, the read/write speed of your hard disk varies by location and the files on your hard disk are randomly distributed. Therefore, you lose any potential speed gains from other system optimization programs.
↓ 01 – Puran Defrag | Free
Puran Defrag provides the solution! Puran Defrag is a very simple disk defragmenter which will defrag the files and optimize your system, collecting all the fragments of a file and putting them together, as well as moving some frequently used files and all directories to faster disk areas. This process boosts your hard disk performance and thus overall system speed. In addition it reduces wear and tear on your hard disk, thereby increasing its life span.
- Puran Intelligent Optimizer – PIOZR
- Directories Consolidation for speed boost
- Boot Time Defragmentation for system files like MFT
- Low Priority Defrag for work while defrag experience
- Individual File/Folder Defrag for selective defrag
- GUI and Console Command Line Defrag Supported
- Restart/Shutdown After Boot Time Defragmentation
- File/Folder Exclusion or exclusion by wildcard facility
- Native support for 64Bit Windows
↓ 02 – UltraDefrag | Free
UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmenter for Windows. It can quickly boost performance of your computer and is easy to use. Also it can defragment your disks automatically so you won’t need to take care about that yourself. UltraDefrag can defragment both FAT and NTFS disks with just a couple of restrictions which is it cannot defragment FAT directories, because their first clusters are immovable and it cannot defragment master file tables (MFT), because their first 16 clusters are immovable.
- Fast and efficient defragmentation algorithms
- Safe environment preventing files corruption
- Detailed file fragmentation reports
- Defragmentation of individual files/folders
- Defragmentation of locked system files
- Defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams
↓ 03 – Disk SpeedUp | Free
Disk SpeedUp features a nicely designed interface and is very easy to use. The program works with all main file systems and has support for scheduled scans as well. And besides the basic defrag functionality, Disk SpeedUp also includes an optimization tool – which is slower, but offers better results. It takes just a few seconds to scan your whole disk.In addition, with more advanced settings to meet advanced requests,it is intelligent. A powerful and fast defragmentation tool designed to defragment and optimize drives for peak computer performance.
↓ 04 – MyDefrag | Free
MyDefrag is a free defragmentation program for all Windows systems starting from Windows 2000. MyDefragGUI is the graphical user interface for comfortable handling for this program. MyDefrag defragments very fast, has several optimisation strategies, offers highest possible data security and can also defragment external storage media. However you can input options only by a script grammar. With MyDefragGUI the operation becomes very easy. Beyond that it has some additional functions e.g. planning the defragmentation, storing the personal settings, configuring the screensaver.
↓ 05 – PassMark Fragger | Free Personal / USD27
PassMark Fragger is a software tool that lets you fragment or defragment existing files in a controlled environment using user-selected settings. This utility is primarily used to benchmark the performance of third party defragmentation tools, or benchmark PC performance degradation due to file fragmentation. This software is unique to PassMark and is a world-first for fragmentation tools. Passmark Fragger lets you:
- Fragment or defragment individual files.
- Control the number and size of fragments.
- Control the position of fragments on the disk.
- Fragment existing files without using additional free space.
- Graphically view current fragmentation of a file.
- View detailed information about individual files.
- View cluster and cluster allocation information about the current volume.
- Output ranges of free and used disk clusters in the current volume to a text file.
↓ 06 – WinContig | Free
WinContig is an easy-to-use stand-alone defragmentation tool that doesn’t create any installation directories or Registry entries on your computer. Its purpose is to quick defrag files without the need to defrag the whole disk. In addition, WinContig allows you to group files into profiles, and also it accepts a number of optional command-line switches that you can use to control how the program operates.
↓ 07 – IObit Smart Defrag | Free with Bundleware
Smart Defrag is a reliable and intelligent disk defragmenter with 7,000,000+ Users. Enjoy Better PC Performance with Ultra-fast, Stable, Efficient Defrag Engine compared to Microsoft build in defrag system. Smart Defrag supports deep defragment, defragmentation of multi-volumes, it optimizes file placement and have the option to automate your defragmentation for you. Works great on Microsoft’s Windows 10 and Apple’s macOS.
Disk fragmentation is generally the main cause of slow and unstable computer performance. In order to accelerate your hard drive for faster data access and outstanding disk performance, Smart Defrag 5 provides efficient defragmentation technology to hard drives and SSD using multi-threading defragging whilst also consolidating free space and defragging large files. Then you can enjoy faster game launching speed, copy files in half the time, etc.
↓ 08 – Defraggler | Free / USD25
Speed up your PC with quick & easy defragmentation. Defrag entire hard drives or individual files. Works with HDD and SSD and supports NTFS and FAT32 file systems! It differs from other defrag tools on the market, by enabling you to quickly and simply defrag the files you want to, without having to process the whole drive. You can defrag only if the computer is idle for a definable time, so Defraggler does not slow down the computer if you work on more important tasks. Defraggler also lets you defragment multiple drives on the same PC, using different schedules.
- Faster Computer – Defraggler speeds up your PC by assembling fragmented files on your machine and organizing them more efficiently. Defraggler does the hard work, so your computer doesn’t have to.
- Safe and Secure – Defrag with confidence. Defraggler uses the same techniques as Windows to read and write files, so your files will never be damaged.
- Defrag free space – Defrag free space on your drive and not just your files. A proactive solution that helps prevent defragmentation before it occurs.
- Full customization – You have full control over which drives, folders and files you defrag. Or simply use the default settings and let Defraggler do the work for you. Simple enough for every day users and flexible enough for advanced users.
- Scheduled defragmentation – Defragment while you sleep – and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly.
Free Defrag Software For Mac Os X 10 13 Download
↓ 09 – Auslogics Disk Defrag Free | Free with Bundleware
Compact and fast defragmenter with over 11,000,000 users worldwide. It will improve your PC’s performance by defragmenting and re-arranging files on your disk. Disk fragmentation leads to system slowdowns, PC crashes, slow startup and shutdown and sometimes to system failures. Auslogics Disk Defrag is designed for fast optimization of todays modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments.
- Ultra-fast engine – One of the fastest defraggers in the world, Disk Defrag often takes less than 10 minutes to defragment an average-size hard drive.
- Absolutely FREE – This program is totally free with no functionality or term limitations for either home or commercial use. Free regular updates included.
- Works the way you want – You can use the default settings for convenient one-click defrags or customize program operation and appearance to fit your needs.
- Industry-acknowledged quality – Exclusive Auslogics technology is proven safe and effective in multiple tests, used by PC manufacturers and recommended by experts.
↓ 10 – Anvi Ultimate Defrag [ Discontinued ] | Free
Anvi Ultimate Defrag provides a ultimate solution to ultimately optimize your computer disk. It is easy to use, light to install and efficient to defrag. It functions by repairing disk errors, cleaning up junk files, defragging and optimizing the hard disk drive volumes to maintain and optimize disk performance.
Recommended for you:
What is defragmentation, how to defragment on Mac OS, where is the data going after defragmentation? Can it be recovered? In this article, you will find the answers.
What is defragmentation?
Disk fragmentation occurs when a file is broken up into pieces to fit on the disk. Because data are continually being written, deleted, and resized, then there are more and more fragments. The resulting impact of fragmentation is slow PC performance, long boot-times, random crashes, and freeze-ups – even a complete inability to boot up at all. So when a file is spread out over several locations, it takes longer to read and write. Many users blame these problems on the operating system or think their computer is 'old,' while hard disk fragmentation is often the real culprit.
Sometimes, you try to speed up your computer by running a disk defragmenter, but cause programs or large files broken up or fragmented. This is terrible for us because once the data is lost due to defragmentation, it is hard to recover. Therefore, you can back up existing data and recover lost data before defragmenting the disk.
Will defragmentation harm my HDD?
Don't worry: Mac OS X defrag will not harm your HDD. As you already know, disk defragmentation can significantly speed up the traditional hard drive. It's because HDD fragments all the data and stores it in multiple locations. And it may take quite a time to read the file with its pieces situated in different places. The procedure for arranging the data is not harmful to your HDD and is aimed at boosting the computer's performance. While it is not advisable to turn to such extreme measures, defragmenting a hard drive disk is a safe procedure.
How to recover lost data on Mac OS X？
To recover lost data on Mac OS X in different situations, you should choose an excellent Mac data to recovery software which can recover all kinds of files from Mac hard drive or other storage devices for various reasons. Fortunately, Bitwar Data Recovery for Mac can meet all of the above requirements.
Download and install Bitwar Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac OS X, and then launch it. The software is compatible with OS X 10.11 and later.
Tips: For the latest macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) system requirements, Mac users are not allowed to access system disk from apps. If you want to recover data from the system disk, please disable the system feature 'System Integrity Protection (SIP)' and see the guide on How to Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) in macOS High Sierra (macOS 10.13)?
Step 1: Launch the program and select the partition/devices where your data lost and then click 'Next.' If you want to recover data from an external storage drive, please connected it to your mac and selected it on this step.
Step 2: Select the scan mode based on the exact data loss reason. Then click 'next.' There is three scan mode to choose:
● Quick Scan: Recover deleted files on a partition or device, such as files deleted by command + deleted, emptied from the trash or removed by other software, etc. If additional data have not overwritten files, it can be entirely retrieved in the condition of the files or directory structures.
● Formatted Recovery: Recover formatted files after performed a quick format on a partition or hard drive in the condition of the capacity of partition or drive hasn't been changed before or after formatting.
● Deep scan: If the previous scan couldn't work to find lost files, try Deep Scan this time. Deep Scan will search every sector of a hard drive to find all existing data, but the scanning process will spend more time than Quick Scan and will not have the original file name in the scanning results.
Step3: Choose the file types you want and click 'Next.' You can select all kinds if you do not know which type of files you want
Free Mac Defrag Software
Step 4: After the scanning, you can preview and filter the data you want. Then select them and press the recover button to save them on the Mac.
Tips: Please DO NOT save the data into the Partition or device where you lost the data.
After the above steps, the lost data will be recovered back. Then you can perform to defrag on Mac.
How to defrag on Mac HDD?
Before starting the Defrag utility, please backup your drive and recover all relevant data, and close all open files and applications before proceeding. These are important to avoid data loss in the event of an unforeseen issue. To defragment a disk on mac, follow these steps:
Note: It is not recommended to defragment the system disk directly. However, you require to boot from another computer and defragment the drive.
Select the drive from the left of the Drive Genius Window that you'd like to defragment, then select the 'Defragment' utility in the Speedup section of the feature window as shown below:
Free Mac Defrag Software
Volume Fragmentation will display a graphical representation for a quick overview of the files laid across the volume to indicate how much fragmentation is across the hard drive. Four different colors are displayed to show the usage of space:
The red portion represents fragmented data, the white part represents free space, the green section represents used space that is not fragmented, and the yellow portion is reserve space required by the Mac operating system and can't be defragmented.
Click the 'Start' button in the lower right. Make sure that you have a secure backup of all data on the device and press the 'Defrag' button.
During the defragmentation process, if you find that data is lost, you must stop the defragmentation and use Bitwar Data Recovery for Mac to recover the data. It will retrieve the information easily and quickly. Just download and try it. In addition, the Bitwar Data Recovery offers a 30-day free trial, you can get the trial by sharing this program on your public media, like Facebook, Google+, Twitter.
This article is original, reproduce the article should indicate the source URL:
Related Articles - ALSO ON Bitwar SOFTWARE
Free Defrag Software For Mac
Hard disk data loss occurs in daily life, how to restore? This article offers you the best Hard Disk recovery software fo
How to recover lost data from formatted USB disk? This article offers you the best way to retrieve your data.
Download and use the 100% free data recovery software crack 12.9.1 with wizard serial number, keygen generator, kickass,
Here, we offer you a quick fix to 'The Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable' error with Bitwar Data Recovery.
This article offers the best hard disk recovery software - Bitwar Data Recovery to effortlessly recover whatever you lost
We've noticed some administrator or users received an error alert: You don't currently have permission to access this fol
Data loss happens every day in every Enterprise. Here introduceS the best 100% Free Enterprise Data Recovery Software of
Easeus Data Recovery Crack with the license code, registration key, activation code, serial number, crack full version of