If you want to remove a photo from iCloud without deleting it completely, then you can download a copy to your Mac first. In this article, I cover all the different ways that you can download a photo from iCloud and store it locally, leaving you free to delete that photo from iCloud, without deleting it completely.
- Download Icloud Photos To Mac Catalina
- Transfer Icloud Pictures To Pc
- Download Icloud Photos To Macbook
- How To Get Photos From Icloud
You may want to Download All Photos From iCloud to PC as an additional backup, to clear up storage space in your iCloud Account or for other reasons. You will find below the steps to select and Download All Photos from iCloud to PC.
- How to download photos from iCloud via iCloud.com Follow these directions to save copies of your photos and videos from iCloud.com to your Apple device. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Here are the steps to download iCloud Photos on Windows using iCloud for Windows: Download and install iCloud for Windows from here. Post installation, find and choose “iCloud Photos” from the Windows File Explorer. Click on the “Download photos and videos” in the file explorer navigation bar.
Download ALL Photos From iCloud to PC
As you must have noticed, there is no ‘Download All’ or ‘Select All’ button on iCloud. Also, you won’t be able to use your mouse to select Multiple or All Photos on iCloud.
This can be a problem, if there are thousands of Photos in your iCloud Account and you want to download them all to your Windows computer.
Luckily, there is a keyboard shortcut to select All iCloud Photos and you will find below 2 different methods to Download All Photos from iCloud to your Windows computer.
1. Download All Photos From iCloud to PC Using Keyboard Shortcut
If the number of Photos that you want to download from iCloud to PC is less than 1,000, you can follow this method to select and download up to 999 photos from iCloud to PC.
If you are trying to download over 1,000 photos, you can move to the next method as provided below in this guide.
1. Go to icloud.com on your Windows Computer.
2. Login to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
3. Once you are signed-in, click on the Photos icon.
4. In iCloud Photos, make sure you are on Photos Tab and click on the First Photo.
5. Press and hold Shift + Ctrl + Alt Keys and press the Down Arrow Key to select All iCloud Photos.
Note: You can also scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Last Photo.
6. Once All Photos are selected, click on the Download icon to begin the process of downloading all iCloud Photos to your computer.
Unless you have changed the default settings, all iCloud Photos will be downloaded to ‘Downloads’ Folder on your computer.
2. Download All Photos From iCloud to PC Using iCloud For Windows
The only way to download more than 1,000 Photos at once from iCloud to PC is to download and install ‘iCloud For Windows’ program on your computer.
1. Download iCloud For Windows application on your Computer.
2. Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded iCloud Setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to Install iCloud For Windows on your computer.
3. When prompted, Sign-in to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
4. On the next screen, select Photos option by clicking in the little box next to Photos.
On the pop-up, select iCloud Photo Library option and click on Done.
Note: You can change iCloud download location by clicking on Change.
5. Click on Apply to begin the process of Syncing all iCloud Photos to the Downloads Folder on your computer.
6. Once all iCloud Photos are downloaded, open the File Explorer on your computer.
7. In the File Explorer window, click on iCloud Photos tab in the left-pane. In the right-pane, click on the Downloads Icon.
8. On the next screen, click on the Downloads Folder to see all your iCloud Photos arranged in different sub-folders.
To make a Backup, you can copy the entire Downloads Folder to Desktop, USB drive or any other location on your computer.
Add iCloud to Windows Start Menu or Task Bar
In order to make it easy for you to open iCloud, you can Add iCloud icon to the Taskbar by clicking on the Start button > right-click on iCloud > More > Pin to Taskbar.
Important: If you are planning to disable iCloud Photos, make sure that you copy all the Photos from Downloads to another Folder.
iCloud Photos uploads new photos and videos from your Windows PC so you can view them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, and on iCloud.com. New photos that you take automatically download from iCloud Photos and you can choose to download your entire collection by year.
Here's what you need
Before you get started, you need to sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. Just follow the set up instructions for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or Mac. Then follow these steps to turn on iCloud Photos on your PC with Windows 7 or later.
Learn more about iCloud system requirements.
Turn on iCloud Photos
- Download iCloud for Windows.
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Next to Photos, click Options.
- Select iCloud Photos.
- Click Done, then click Apply.
- Turn on iCloud Photos on all of your Apple devices.
If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or later, you can also choose to use Shared Albums, and customize the location of your Shared Albums folders.
If you're using iCloud for Windows 7, you can also choose to use My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing (Shared Albums), and customize the location of your upload and download folders.
When you turn on iCloud Photos on your PC in iCloud for Windows 7, My Photo Stream is turned off automatically. If you want to send new photos to your devices that don't use iCloud Photos, you can turn My Photo Stream back on.
Upload your photos and videos to iCloud Photos
You can upload your photos and videos from your PC to iCloud Photos when you follow these steps:
Download Icloud Photos To Mac Catalina
If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or later:
- Open a File Explorer window.
- In the Navigation pane, click on iCloud Photos.
- In another window, open the folder where you currently store the photos that you want to add to iCloud Photos.
- Select the photos that you want to add.
- Drag them into the iCloud Photos folder.
If you're using iCloud for Windows 7:
- Open a File Explorer window.
- Under Quick Access (Favorites in Windows 7 and 8), click iCloud Photos.
- Click Upload photos and videos.
- Choose the photos and videos you want to upload and click Open.
You can view the photos and videos you uploaded in the Photos app on iCloud.com and on all your Apple devices.
Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photos
New photos and videos you add to iCloud Photos will automatically download to your PC. You can also download your collection by year, in iCloud for Windows 10 or earlier, when you follow these steps:
- On your Windows computer, open File Explorer (Windows 8 or later) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7).
- Click iCloud Photos in the Navigation pane. If you don’t see iCloud Photos, click Pictures in the Navigation pane, then double-click iCloud Photos.
- If you're using iCloud for Windows 11.1, double-click a thumbnail to download the file.
- If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or iCloud for Windows 7: New photos and videos you add to iCloud on another device are automatically downloaded to your PC. To download older photos and videos in iCloud for Windows 10, click the Notification area in the taskbar, then click Download Photos in the iCloud Photos notification. Choose the photos and videos you want to download by year.
- In iCloud for Windows 7, click “Download photos and videos” in the Windows Explorer toolbar. Choose the photos and videos you want to download by year, then click Download.
Your photos and videos download to the location you set in iCloud Photos Options.
Transfer Icloud Pictures To Pc
In iCloud for Windows 10 or later, if a photo or video is changed on another device or on iCloud.com, it’s updated automatically on your PC. In iCloud for Windows version 7, you need to re-download the photos to see any updates.
Download Icloud Photos To Macbook
How To Get Photos From Icloud
If you need help managing and using iCloud Photos with your Windows PC, you can learn more.