This page documents how to start using ChromeDriver for testing your website on desktop (Windows/Mac/Linux).
You can also read Getting Started with Android or Getting Started with ChromeOS
“Google Chrome has been updated to 7.0.517.44 for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame on the Stable channel,” revealed Anthony Laforge, from the Google Chrome team. Chrome 7.0.517.44 is the. Resolved issue 3370: Shut down Chrome gracefully or cookie will not be correctly saved to SQLite persistence file; Resolved issue 3401: Get Element Location JS does not locate the visible center of the element; Resolved issue 3462: For sendKeys, CMD key don't work for MAC; Resolved issue 3541: Improve log between Client and ChromeDriver.
ChromeDriver is a separate executable that Selenium WebDriver uses to control Chrome. It is maintained by the Chromium team with help from WebDriver contributors. If you are unfamiliar with Selenium WebDriver, you should check out the Selenium site.
Tampermonkey is a reliable and free web browser extension that aims to enable you to effortlessly manage userscripts for various Blink-based Internet browsers such as Chrome CoolNovo or Opera Next. Powerful userscript manager for Blink based web browsers. Moreover, the Tampermonkey add-on. Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers out there and, since it comes bundled with different Google products, can prove to be quite efficient. Web browser Internet browser Google browser Browser Chrome Web Browse. Google Chrome is part of these download collections: Web Browser. Download Latest Version. Google's top free browser. Google Chrome for Windows and Mac is a free web browser developed by internet.
Follow these steps to setup your tests for running with ChromeDriver:
- Ensure Chromium/Google Chrome is installed in a recognized location
ChromeDriver expects you to have Chrome installed in the default location for your platform. You can also force ChromeDriver to use a custom location by setting a special capability.
- Download the ChromeDriver binary for your platform under the downloads section of this site
- Help WebDriver find the downloaded ChromeDriver executable
- include the ChromeDriver location in your PATH environment variable
- (Java only) specify its location via the webdriver.chrome.driver system property (see sample below)
- (Python only) include the path to ChromeDriver when instantiating webdriver.Chrome (see sample below)
Controlling ChromeDriver's lifetime
The ChromeDriver class starts the ChromeDriver server process at creation and terminates it when quit is called. This can waste a significant amount of time for large test suites where a ChromeDriver instance is created per test. There are two options to remedy this:
1. Use the ChromeDriverService. This is available for most languages and allows you to start/stop the ChromeDriver server yourself. See here for a Java example (with JUnit 4):
2. Start the ChromeDriver server separately before running your tests, and connect to it using the Remote WebDriver.
Chrome 44 Download Mac Os
Chrome For Apple Mac
Getting Involved >