I have a MFC-8660DN multi-function printer. There's a piece of software called the Brother Control Center that lets you initiate scans from your desktop and route the scan to a specific application. To get it...
For local users: disconnect the USB cable between the Macintosh and your Brother machine if you haven't already done so. Log on as an 'Administrator'. Choose MacintoshHD- Library- Image Capture to open the Twain Data Sources folder. Delete the Brother TWAIN.ds. Then, you need to delete the ICA driver. Brother control center 4 for 10 free download - OS 10 Control Center, Broadcom 440x 10-100 Integrated Controller Ethernet Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124.zip, Subway Simulator 4 - Berlin U-Bahn Edition for. The Brother Workhorse Series scanners are designed for mid to large-sized workgroups or high-volume and batch scanning applications. These robust, reliable, high-speed scanners can facilitate digital transformation and easily integrate into your work environment. Step # 1 – Download the Brother Control Center 4 Update Tool. If you’re using a Windows PC, download the Control Center 4 Update tool directly from Brother’s website here. If you’re using a Mac computer, it’s important to note that Control Center 4 is a Windows software. It means that the application isn’t suitable for Mac OS.
- Visit this Brother site.
- Choose 'USA'
- Choose your model number (MFC-8660DN)
- Choose 'United States'
- Choose 'Drivers' then 'Mac OS X (10.5)' then 'English'
- Then choose the 'Scanner Driver' and download it, then install.
- You'll have to restart your computer and a dialogue will come up. You can have the printer associated by name or IP address. I chose IP address. Then I added a name of my computer so that you can use the printer interface to send things to a particular computer.
Posted by Joe on 2-21-2008
Update - A few weeks later I started having trouble accessing the scanning capabilities from the Mac. I spoke with Brother Support and they took me thru the following re-installation steps, which solved the problem.
- Delete the 'Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Preferences/Brother' folder.
- Delete the 'Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources/Brother TWAIN.ds' file.
- Delete the 'Library/Printers/Brother/Utilities/ControlCenter' and 'Library/Printers/Brother/Utilities/DeviceSelector' folders.
- Restart computer.
- Empty your trash.
- Re-install the Control Center following the steps above.
Posted by Joe on 3-12-2008
You can't. Only Brother has a program to do that. They may have left it out in the update. Unless they state otherwise it is their fault, not Apple's. If they claim it still works in your version of macOS then see the following:
A Troubleshooting Procedure that may Fix Problems with macOS El Capitan or Later
You should try each, one at a time, then test to see if the problem is fixed before going on to the next.
Be sure to backup your files before proceeding if possible.
- Shutdown the computer, wait 30 seconds, restart the computer.
- Disconnect all third-party peripherals.
- Reset your Startup Disk and Sound preferences.
- Start the computer in Safe Mode. Test in safe mode to see if the problem persists, then restart normally.
- Use Apple Hardware Test to see if there is any hardware malfunction.
- Repair the disk by booting from the Recovery HD. Immediately after the chime hold down the Command and Rkeys until the Utility Menu appears. Choose Disk Utility and click on the Continue button. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar. Wait for the Done button to appear. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu. Restart the computer from the Apple Menu.
- Repair permissions on the Home folder: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder.
- Create a New User Account Open Users & Groups preferences. Click on the lock icon and enter your Admin password when prompted. On the left under Current User click on the Add [+] button under Login Options. Setup a new Admin user account. Upon completion log out of your current account then log into the new account. If your problems cease, then consider switching to the new account and transferring your files to it - Transferring files from one User Account to another.
- Download and install the OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 Combo Update or 10.12.6 Combo Update or Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Combo Update as needed.
- Reinstall OS X by booting from the Recovery HD using the Command and R keys. When the Utility Menu appears select Reinstall OS X then click on the Continue button.
- Erase and Install OS X Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the CommandandRkeys until the Apple logo appears. When the Utility Menu appears:
- Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on Continue button.
- When Disk Utility loads select the drive (out-dented entry) from the Device list.
- Click on the Erase icon in Disk Utility's toolbar. A panel will drop down.
- Set the Format type to APFS (for SSDs only) or Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
- Click on the Apply button, then wait for the Done button to activate and click on it.
- Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
- Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.
If none of the above helps then see How to Downgrade macOS High Sierra and macOS Reversion- How to Downgrade from High Sierra.
Brother Control Center Mac 10.11 Download Dmg
Brother Control Center Mac 10.11 Download Iso
Apr 19, 2018 11:10 AM