SWF File Player is a free player for SWF (Shockwave Flash) files, can quickly open SWF files and read metadata tags from the file header, software can automatically resize program window to fit SWF content and show it. This is a completely freeware, you can use it for free. Elmedia Player by Eltima Software is currently the only third-party utility that supports the playing of SWF files on the macOS. This free Flash player for the Mac provides the ability to view Flash content with multiple options and controls designed to improve users viewing experience. Vidmore Player is a versatile SWF player to play SWF videos and other video formats with high quality, as well as Blu-ray or DVD disc, folders and ISO files. It enables you to process the videos with a high quality image playback and perfect sound. Of course, you can also choose the subtitles, switch audio track, adjust image effects and more. Check out some of the other uses of the SWF Players: SWF players allow for streaming and download of SWF files. Some of them play files in different formats as well. SWF players can also function as regular video/audio players. The Best 5 SWF Players. Check out some of the best 5 SWF players you can use to play your SWF files: VLC. Best Adobe Flash Player Alternatives for Mac. Top 8 Other Browser Add-ons & Plugins apps that are similar to Adobe Flash Player for Mac. Adblock Plus for Safari.
This page is about how to open or play SWF files on Mac and Windows using Chrome, Adobe Flash Player or VLC Media Player. We’ve provided you the 3 different methods and 100% working on any computer.
What is SWF file:
The .SWF (ShockWave Flash) files are flash videos that function as animation on the web. It’s basically created for online web-based games or videos. Browers from these days are not supporting to open an SWF file, No pre-installed SWF Player.
To open these type of files, device should be installed with any SWF Player or Adobe Flash Player or Chrome extension. This guide will explains you how to do that for you, please follow methods as given below.
Method 1: How to Play SWF Files in Chrome
Part 1: Install Adobe Flash Player
Please check your chrome browser is installed with Adobe Flash or not. If not, download and install it from here.
Once, you’ve done with installation please enable Adobe flash player in Chrome. See how?
Copy this link (chrome://settings/content) and paste it on Chrome’s address bar and hit the enter. You’ll redirected to Chrome content settings page.
Click on “Flash” option.
Turn on “Ask first(Recommendation)”.
Part 2: Open SWF file
- Right-Click on particular SWF file.
- Click on “Open with”.
- Choose “Chrome”.
- Now, it’ll automatically open on Chrome.
Tip: To set a default opener for all SFW files. Properties -> Open with -> Change -> select Chrome.
Method 2: How to Play/Open SWF files on Windows PC Using SWF Player.
If you’re a game lover and want to play SWF games on Windows. Then you might have a try SWF Player rather than using a browser.
There are many players available online but SWF File Player is the one of the best one.
- Play any SWF file .
- It’s a open source software, no licence required, and free to use.
- It provides you all metadata tags such as filename, signature, file length, and also frame width, height, rate and count.
- Full screen mode.
How to download and install:
- Download SWF File Player from this link.
- Go to download location and click to install the file.
- Install it as like any other Windows software.
- Once the installation is done, make sure check your system requirements. They are the .NET Framework and ShockWave Flash Object.
- Now, go to apps and find SWF File Player. Open it.
- You can see its window.
- Go to File and click the Open.
- Browse the SWF file from your computer which you want to open.
- In the next window, you can its metadata tags.
- Now, Click the Play button.
- It will automatically play on it.
Method 3: How to Play SWF on Mac
The fact is, SWF files can’t open on Mac devices. So, you need to download a third-party player to Play SWF files on Mac.
Even, Chrome don’t support to play SWF file. Don’t waste your time on it.
Part 1: Download and Install Elmedia Player.
- Visit Official website for Elmedia Player, click here.
- Click on Download button, blue colored.
- Go to Downloads, find an “elmediaplayer.dmg” file and click to install.
- Double-Click on Elmedia Player app to open.
Part 2: How to open a file on it.
- Now, Drang your SWF file into Elmedia Player or use short cut keys (Command+o) to open.
- Right on your SWF file and click on “Open with Elmedia Player”.
These are the helpful methods to open SWF files in Chrome, Windows, and Mac. If you still can’t open your file then you may downloaded the corrupted file.
- Tech Specs
- What Can SWF Converter for Mac Do for You
- Doremisoft SWF Converter for Mac enables users to convert SWF movies to videos in MOV, MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, MPEG, MKV, etc; and convert SWF to audios in AAC, MP3, FLAC, M4A, etc with no quality loss on Mac OS. After the conversion, you can easily share SWF movies online, like on YouTube, Hulu, Facebook, etc. Also, playback SWF files on cool gadgets like iPhone, iPad, HTC, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, etc becomes quite simple.
- Convert Local SWF to Video & Audio in High Quality on Mac
- Convert local SWF to most popular videos like 3GP, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, MKV, MPEG, WMV, etc. 100% keeps all the original effects
- Extract audio from local SWF and save as AAC, AC3, AIFF, MP3, WAV, etc
- Download and Convert Online SWF Movies Effortlessly
- Auto-detect any online SWF movies on specific web page. Option to download them to your Mac
- Convert the downloaded SWF to desired video or audio formats
- Edit the imported SWF movie with ease
- Crop the imported SWF movie by setting the size of the playing area, or directly drag to delete the unwanted places
- Add watermark to the SWF video to personalize it with your own picture
- Convert SWF to More Output Profiles
- Generate images series from SWF movie and save as JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP, or GIF
- Convert SWF to popular devices with optimized presets, like iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Samsung, Kindle Fire, Black Berry, Game Console, HTC, Mobile Phone, etc
- Transfer SWF to applications like Adobe Premiere, iTunes, Sony Vegas, Movie Maker, DVD Maker, Media player, etc
|Input File Format Support|
|SWF on Hard Driver & Online SWF Movie|
|Output File Format Support|
|3G2, 3GP, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MTV, WMV|
|AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP2, MP3, WAV|
|Adobe Premiere, iTunes, Sony Vegas, Movie Maker, DVD Maker, Media player, QuickTime player|
|iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Samsung, Kindle Fire, Black Berry, Game Console, HTC, Mobile Phone, Multimedia Player|
|BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG|