Rowdy Gari Pellam 1991 Telugu Movie Songs, Rowdy Gari Pellam Full Songs Lyrics Jukebox Videos, Rowdy Gari Pellam Music Director, Rowdy Gari Pellam Singers, Rowdy Gari Pellam Lyricists, Video Songs. Download Disco Raja Telugu Songs MP3 Music Lyric MP4 Video Full HD Free Album Gudang Lagu Terbaru Gratis Fast Direct Link - Vimeo.dickersoncenter.org. Bappi Lahiri Telugu Hit Songs Watch more latest Movies @ @ Never miss an update.! Tap the Bell to get every notification for this chann. Spotify Drops List Of Top Songs And Artists For 2020 Vrinda Mundara - Dec 2, 2020, 11:52 AM (IST) This is indeed interesting news now as whatever songs or soundtracks we have been listening in this year in terms of music, songs, artists.
Bappi Lahiri Song
Bappi Lahiri is a veteran Indian singer and music composer. He is best known for extensively using synthesized disco music in his compositions.
Bappi Lahiri was born on Thursday, 27 November 1952 (age 67 years; as in 2019), in Sirajganj, Bangladesh (now Jalpaiguri, West Bengal). His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
An Old Picture of Bappi Lahiri
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 82 Kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Bengali Hindu family and belongs to Barendra Brahmins of Sandilya gotra.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Aparesh Lahiri was a well-known Bengali singer. His mother, Bansari Lahiri was a musician and a singer too, and she was trained in classical music and Shyama Sangeet. Bappi is the only child of his parents.
A Childhood Picture of Bappi Lahiri With His Parents
Relationships, Wife & Children
He got married to Chitrani Lahiri on 24 January 1977. He has two children; his daughter Rema Lahiri is a singer, and his son, Bappa Lahiri is a music director.
Bappi Lahiri With His Wife
Bappi Lahiri With His Son, Daughter, Wife, and Daughter-in-law (from left)
He debuted as a music composer in the Bengali film, ‘Daadu’ (1974). His first Hindi film as a music-composer is ‘Nanha Shikari’ (1973). He came into the limelight with the Bollywood film, ‘Zakhmee’ (1975). He has worked as music-composer and singer in various Hindi films, like ‘Chalte Chalte’ (1976), ‘Disco Dancer’ (1982), ‘Namak Halaal’ (1982), ‘Sharaabi’ (1984), ‘Dharma Karma’ (1997), ‘Taxi No. 9211’ (2006), ‘The Dirty Picture’ (2011), and ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ (2017).
He has composed more than 5000 songs in different languages, like Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, and Oriya. Some of his popular songs are ‘Yaar Bina Chain Kaha Re’ from ‘Saaheb’ (1999), ‘I Am A Disco Dancer’ from ‘Disco Dancer’ (1982), ‘Aaj Rapat Jaayein’ from ‘Namak Halaal’ (1982), ‘Raat Baaqi’ from ‘Namak Halaal’ (1982), ‘Dede Pyaar De’ from ‘Sharaabi’ (1984), ‘Tamma Tamma’ from ‘Thanedar’ (1990), and ‘Ooh La La’ from ‘The Dirty Picture’ (2011).
He has worked as a music director and singer in many Kannada films, like ‘Africadalli Sheela’ (1986), ‘Krishna Nee Begane Baro’ (1986), ‘Police Matthu Dada’ (1991), and ‘Guru’ (1989). Some of his Telugu films as a music director and singer are ‘Simhasanam’ (1986), ‘State Rowdy’ (1989), ‘Rowdy Inspector’ (1992), and ‘Punya Bhoomi Naa’ (1995). He has also composed music for Tamil films, like ‘Apoorva Sahodarigal’ (1983), ‘Paadum Vaanampadi’ (1985), and ‘Kizhakku Africavil Sheela’ (1987). He has dubbed for the character of ‘Tamatoa’ in in the Hindi-dubbed version of the animated film, ‘Moana’ (2016). In 2017, he dubbed the Hindi version of the Hollywood actor, Elton John’s character in the Hollywood film, ‘Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle.’
Bappi Lahiri and Elton John
As of 2019, his net worth is around Rs. 20 crores ($3 million USD), and he charges around Rs. 8-10 lakhs per song.
- City: Dubai
- Sport: Football
- Singer(s):Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar
- His real name is Alokesh Bappi Lahiri.
- The legendary Indian singer, Kishore Kumar was his maternal uncle.
An Old Picture of Bappi Lahiri With Kishore Kumar
- He started playing the Tabla at the age of three and is well-versed in playing other musical instruments, like piano, drums, guitar, saxophone, bongos, dholak.
- His fans call him ‘Bappi Daa.’
- His disco songs are very popular in India, and he is also known as ‘Disco King.’
- He holds the Guinness Book World record for doing 33 films in a year.
- He is one of the most popular music composers in India. In an interview, he said,
I was the first Indian music composer to win the China Gold Award for Jimmy Jimmy from Disco Dancer. Adam Sandler repeated the song in his film Zohan. Disco Dancer is historical, as are Sharaabi and Namak Halal. In the 1980s I started disco with Mithun Chakraborty’s film Suraksha where he danced like John Travolta. I’ve also worked with Apache Indian and Boy George. I gave Samantha Fox her Bollywood break opposite Govinda”.
- From 1983 to 1985, he made a record by composing 12 super-hit silver jubilee movies starring the veteran Bollywood actor, Jeetendra.
- Bappi was one among the few to get an opportunity to meet Jackson during his India tour in 1996.
- On 31 January 2014, he joined BJP in the presence of the then national President of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Rajnath Singh. He contested in the 2014 Lok Sabha Election from Srerampur (Lok Sabha constituency) but lost to Kalyan Banerjee of the All India Trinamool Congress.
Bappi Lahiri Joining BJP
- In 2002, a few lines of his song ‘Thoda Resham Lagta Hai’ were included in the English song, “Addictive” by the American R&B singer, ‘Truth Hurts.’ The copyright holders of the original composition, Saregama India Ltd. sued Interscope Records and its parent company, Universal Music Group for more than $500 million for not giving credits in their song to the original composers and singer. Later, Bappi Lahiri was listed on the song’s credit.
- He has also appeared as a judge in various TV singing reality shows, like “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs” on Zee TV in 2006, “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge” in 2007, and “K For Kishore” on Sony TV in 2007.
- He composed the music for Shah Rukh Khan’s “Kolkata Knight Riders” team in the Indian Premier League in 2008.
- In 2018, he was felicitated with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award at the 63rd Filmfare Awards.
Bappi Lahiri Receiving Filmfare Award
- He is quite obsessed with gold and sunglasses. His favourite quote is ‘Gold is my God.’ In an interview, he shared the reason behind wearing so much gold, he said,
My mother gave me this Hare Krishna Hare Ram medallion after my first picture hit. The locket around my throat is to protect my throat. In Hollywood, famous singer Elvis Presley used to wear gold chains. I was a huge follower of Presley. I used to think, if I become successful someday, then I will build a different image of mine. By the grace of God, I could do it with gold. Earlier people used to think, it is just a way to show off. But it is not so. Gold is lucky for me.”
Bappi Lahiri Mere Jaisi Haseena